Pry House Farm Shepherd’s Hut
At a glance »
- Tariff: From £55 per night for couples £40 per night for single occupancy (2 night minimum stay)
- Sleeps 2
- Unlimited use of the Shepherd’s Hut during your stay
- A place to park your car
- Bed linen but please bring your own towels
- Electric kettle and fire
- Crockery, cutlery & glassware
- Breakfast basket as described
- Outdoor facilities a few metres from the Shepherds Hut with toilet, hand basin, hot & cold water
- Small fridge for the milk & yoghurt and to keep a bottle or two cool!
- Sorry but we are unable to accommodate pets.
- A stay in the Shepherd's Hut makes an ideal gift. Vouchers available.
Small but perfectly formed...
Would you like to wake up to the call of the Lapwing and the Curlew?
Would you like to have breakfast in a traditional Yorkshire Dales hay meadow?
Would you like to gaze at the stars in an inky black sky?
Then Pry House Farm Shepherd’s Hut is the place for you.
Small but perfectly formed, idyllic for solo travellers or couples alike your hut-in-the-hills sits on Pry House Farm home field which has some of the
finest views in Upper Swaledale. Miles and miles of open space with panoramic views in all directions; what our shepherd’s
hut lacks in size is more than matched by its stunning location. Pry House Shepherd’s Hut is truly a get-away-from-it-all
experience with acres of space and Mother Nature your neighbour. In April and May the field is full of ewes and lambs,
in June and July the grass is left to grow for hay. Home Field is a traditional hay meadow and is rich in wild flower, herbs and grasses.
What is it like to stay in our Shepherd’s Hut?
• The day bed makes into a 5ft double bed
• Duvet & pillows are from the Woolroom and filled with 100% British wool
• The hut has mains electricity
• 1950s style dresser unit with glasses, crockery, cutlery etc.
• Fold away table and folding director chair
• Books, playing cards, radio, torch
• Outdoor seating and outside facilities
• Jaw dropping scenery and massive skies perfect for cloud or stargazing
Walking & Cycling at Pry House Farm & Shepherd’s Hut
Situated in the Pennine hills Pry House Farm is close to the Pennine Way, the Coast to Coast, the Herriot Way and the Swale Way.
Hundreds of walkers, every year, pass through as part of their long distance walking challenge.
Others come to discover the dozens of public footpaths and bridleways to be found in Upper Swaledale.
Pry House Farm B&B is perfectly situated to explore sections of the Pennine Way taking in Ravenseat and
Tan Hill ,
to find the source of the Swale or conquer lesser known fells such as Rogan’s Seat (2,205 ft)
and Wild Boar (2323 ft).
There are footpaths here for all abilities; tackle the summit of Great Shunner Fell (2349 ft) or have a go at the Swale Trail (family mountain bike path) or the gentle, low level Every Barn Tells A Story walks - there’s something for everybody in Swaledale.
Have a look at the YDNPA website for details of the Swale Trail and the EBTAS project. Kisdon Hill dominates between Keld and Muker but again there are several options depending on fitness or favour: over the top via the Corpse Way or follow the river Swale as it sometimes rushes, sometimes meanders along the valley bottom. At Pry House Farm B&B we have maps and books and trail guides galore including three children’s guides for local walks that the whole family can do together.
Let us help you plan your day. We are always happy to help, share our local knowledge and point you in the right direction – just ask. And at the end of your day, having worked up an appetite, there are several good eating and drinking places within easy reach. Try Keld Lodge or The Farmers Arms in Muker.
"Of all the great dales, Swaledale seems to come nearest to one's idea of a pure, unsullied dale..."
Included in your stay is a guaranteed 100% Yorkshire Dales breakfast basket with Yockenthwaite Farm granola or muesli,
milk from Wensleydale, butter and yoghurt from the Wensleydale Creamery (famous for its cheese and well worth a visit!),
bread from Hawes, preserves from Raydale and naturally Yorkshire Tea.
During your stay we would like to guarantee 100% peace and quiet which comes by the bucketful at Pry House at no extra charge! We are however a working farm where sheep bleat, dogs woof and tractors brum! Our farming and our livestock come first and we make no excuse for that. At different time of year there are different levels of activity; lambing, hay time, shearing for example which makes staying on a farm all the more appealing.